Getting You Up to Speed Quickly
When it comes to installing your products, we offer a number of merchant services training resources designed to get you up and running quickly. Here is just some of the support we offer you:
- Over-the-phone consultation for initial set up
- Continuing education and consultation on your account
- Training guides and user manuals
If you have questions related to equipment, such as how to set up your terminal, we have a number of How-Videos that can get you the answers you need.
Quick Tips for Connecting Your Ethernet Terminal
Most times terminal set up is quick and easy, but sometimes merchants need an extra hand. If you are having issues connecting, check the following:
- Verify that the CAT-5 cables are securely connected to the correct port on the terminal and the Ethernet port on your router.
- Confirm that the amber and green light is active (illuminated). This light should be located where your CAT-5 Ethernet cable is connected to your terminal.
- Try rebooting your router and/or terminal.
- Disconnect the power cable to the terminal and router.
- Unplug the CAT-5 cables connecting the equipment.
- Wait approximately 30 seconds. Reconnect the CAT-5 cables and the power on the devices in order from the wall to the terminal.
- Allow 60 seconds for the terminal application to reboot and establish a connection with the router.
- If your establishment uses the same router to connect to a PC, attempt to ping our company Web site to verify that the router is working properly.
- Lastly, if your PC connection is working, connect the terminal CAT-5 cable to the port on your router being used by your PC.
VoIP (Voice over IP) is not supported on Chase Paymentech hardware.
Quick Tips for Connecting Your Dial Terminal
- Confirm that the phone cord is plugged into the correct port of the terminal and in the wall jack or splitter. Plug a regular phone into the wall jack or splitter to ensure there is a dial tone.
- Move the terminal to another wall jack or phone line and reattempt the communication.
- Confirm that you are using the correct PABX (i.e., 9,8) in the terminal. Sometimes adding pauses prior to the phone number can correct communication issues.
- Make sure call waiting is disabled, as that can interrupt the communication.
Support 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
Sometimes you need technical support right away. That's why we are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. If you need immediate help please call 800.934.7717. You will need your Merchant ID (MID) on hand for identification purposes.