Merchant Services

IRS Form 1099-K for Payment Card Reporting

Internal Revenue Code ยง6050W requires Chase Paymentech to track the gross amount of reportable payment transactions for all merchants and report those amounts to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on Form 1099-K. In addition, your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Legal Name on Form 1099-K must match IRS records or you could be subject to Federal backup withholding and applicable State backup withholding.

  1. For more information on how to read your IRS Form 1099-K, click here.
  2. To check if your TIN on file matches IRS records, review your TIN status in the Tax Information Section of your merchant statement. Click here to view a sample page.
  3. To correct your TIN on file with Chase Paymentech, click here to go to our Tax Update page.
  4. Non-US merchant? You may be required to certify your foreign status to exempt you from 1099-K reporting and backup withholding. Certification remains in effect for 3 years. Contact your Account Executive for additional details.

Additional Resources:

Contact Customer Support at 866.814.2769. Review the 1099-K FAQs on the IRS website.